View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
BeMeUp
neverlost

Oddometer: 77
Reiff/Rayhouse Rd. is rutted and washed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbreton View Post
Cool. Thanks for all the tips. I'm putting your suggestions into routes so I'll have options when I go (and I have my paper maps too, of course).

Your routes also agree mostly with what I've already plotted out from SFMCJohn, so it seems like there are options. The weather still looks pretty good for this weekend. Without the threat of impending storm, I just have my own riding/judgement to worry about.

I was just there riding my Quad and it was a blast. I would not however, attempt it on the 12GS or even my XR650L in the roads current condition. Most (upwards of 75%) of the road has dual ruts 1-3' deep and from 3-36" wide . That which is not rutted, is strewn with baby heads and out right boulders.
It could be a lot of fun for a couple of highly skilled adventurers on two wheelers, but I wouldn't advise it for a solo trek unless your a dirt god, and even then it's gonna be a long day.

Also saw foot prints of a rather large, (250-300lbs.) black bear, which adds to the adventure if you were to get stuck or injured out there.
I love this road and had a great time last weekend . But again, I was on four wheels.
Bear paws

Rutted up

BeMeUp screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 08:23 PM
BeMeUp is offline   Reply With Quote