View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #51
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,674
cool thread Bruce...i'll be adding to this from time to time...Thanks for the headsup...These are past reviews but sorry no pics...
BTW I liked BBQ Barn in Butner too. My plate of Q was very moist and vinegary...cole slaw looked generic but was pretty good...hushpuppies were odd shaped...light and sweet tasting...Did not add any sauces altho i recall seeing the texas Pete on the table...to me any additional sauces just cover up what I'm trying to taste.
First place i ever ate eastern style bbq was in Stamey's BBQ in Greensboro...an excellent place that cooks their pork over wood...(i beleive...I havent been there in 3 yrs tho) bbq was excellent moist...vinegary ...puppies were light and sweet...excellent peach cobbler too...overall my first bbq experience in Nc and I would rate it as excellent
Allen and Son...Chapel Hill NC...packed parking lot...constant stream of people coming and going...BBQ was excellent ...moist and vinegary...hush puppies were the size and shape of ping pong balls..a llittle on the heavy side but sweet...excellent flavor...sweet tea by the pitcher...way too sweet for me....overall an excellent experience...

Clyde Cooper's BBQ Downtown Raleigh...Hard to tell as i ordered food to go and didnt really eat it until a few hours later...I had a BBQ sandwich with a side of coleslaw and hushpuppies(6). I did sample the puppies as I picked the order up and they were very light and sweet...an odd shape and faairly big in size. Later eating the sandwich the Q tasted vinegary but yet it was dry...also bun was not very good quality...next time I'll return to eat in and have a bbq platter and skip the bread.oh the coleslaw was excellent...not genereic looking or tasting...
From this point forward i will make a more concerted effort to post details with pics...like you have Bruce...good fun!!!

2001 Honda ST1100...STOC#7000
1979 Yamaha XS1100F Go Your Own Way
"Never too Far...Never too cold...Never too wet..." Moonshine Lunch Run Mantra... RIP Terry Hammond
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote