View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #270
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Don't forget, this is a FAN thread, if you don't like him feel free to take it to the main Dakar thread.
I've never said I don't like him... I've often said he's one of the most naturally talented and gifted off road drivers I've ever witnessed (saw him race personally, repeatedly in SCORE HDRA and MTEG events in the 1987 - 1990 period, where he won titles as a teenager. A unique talent without a doubt...

In my opinion had he stayed at VW and found a way to fit in within the framework there... he'd have had at least two dakar titles to his name by now (probably 2007 and the one Devilliers took in 2009), but he decided to go his own way... and it's never (unfortunately) worked out for him.

my point being that (just like his driving style) he tries to meet the competition (and officialdom) head on... and that's NOT working for him the last half dozen years or so...

I didn't realise that "fan" thread dictates you cannot discuss such a subject openly, with a touch of humour or ribbing... my appologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 04:47 PM Reason: out of courtesy to the OP
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote