View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #3217
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 202
I posted this in my local riding thread already but I wanted to post it here as well

So I got mine just before the holidays... a great present but family obligations meant I had to wait to try it out.

That thing literally transformed my bike. Just got it installed last night. As I left the driveway the bike was still cold and I thought I probably waited four months for a modest improvement. Within a few miles I was like... holy $!#&! It was as if a ten minute install had been me finding a hidden "make my bike run like crap" switch in the on position and had turned it off. All day I been thinking why the hell did they not make the bike this way to start with? Someone asked how it affected gas mileage. First, who gives a rats ass. Second, no way to know. Why? Because the damn low gears now actually have response like low gears and I found myself actually bothering to use them all day. So I have no way of comparing milage because my riding style completely changed today.

Seriously it is the weirdest thing... you turn the handle on the right hand side of the handlebar and the bike actually moves forward when you do it! Who came up with this crazy idea? Poolside did. He is the man!

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS