View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #27
cwc OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Cd Valles to Xilitla

Door of the day, Dean was having trouble finding dogs.

Today we will go to Xilitla. It is the location of Las Posas, a site with many strange concrete “sculptures".

http://tinyurl.com/Las-Pozas

We ate breakfast in the hotel dining room, which was pretty basic, but the food was OK. Eventually we got on the road and had a little problem right away. I had the group well enough trained from last night that they would follow me down a one-way street the wrong way so we did that right out of the hotel because it was shorter. Unfortunately I needed to do a little more training, because the first time I ran a red light only about half of them followed. We’ll have to cover that at the next planning meeting.

We broke into two groups of four pretty quickly on Mex. 85. It’s pretty busy and a bigger group would have been a problem.

[Edit - in a later post Linda will correct some of the above. I blame any errors on several things; Dean didn't take any notes this day, I suffer from CRS syndrome and I have the firm belief that a story doesn't have to be absolutely true to be a good story.]

About halfway to Xilitla Dean, Susan, Bob and I took a right to visit Aquismon. It’s an interesting looking place that is the center of some natural attractions. We just went to the centro and took a snack break before moving on. There were many vendors selling all sorts of "stuff". While some were eating and people watching, others shopped. I could spend more time there.

We managed to find our way to Xilitla and the Hotel San Ignacio (again recommended by SB). This was a nice, clean place run by somebody’s mother and she ran a tight ship. No smoking and no alcohol. The secure parking was inside, at street level and carefully watched by La Dueña.

La Dueña giving Dean his marching orders.

After settling in we walked around town for the rest of the day.

This young lady was the tourist information booth attendant. She was very helpful, suggesting places to eat and see.

Dean and I just got the info and left, not wanting to hang around and appear to be dirty old men with lust in our hearts.

We will stay in Xilitla tomorrow to tour Las Pozas.

Track Info

DR350 It'll get you there
But then so will my DR650

My Ride Reports Here

cwc screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 01:30 PM
cwc is offline   Reply With Quote