View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #6
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,613
More preload can be done by putting a longer spacer under the spring. The stock front spring is .46kg. It is soft for most riding, I would just replace it.

Something I sort of know about, as I have had a Hyperpro variable rate 52-74kg, Bitubo .60kg and a .55 Ohlins in my forks.

The Hyperpro is a pretty good bang for the buck. I do think that the bike weight compresses the spring enought to collapse the lower weight coils together and you end up riding in the heavy portion of the spring.

My current Ohlins spring works well with a pressurised cartridge tube, I suspect it might be still a little light for the stock cartridge, for my riding.

I loaned out my Bitubo spring to a friend and he wanted it for his bike. I would try that one, depending on what you weigh. That spring is longer than the others and may not need a spacer with the stock cartridge.

10 wt oil seemed to work best for me along with a greater than stock air gap. Keep in mind there is no standard for oil viscosity. Hyperpro and Bitubo supply rebadged oil that seems similar.

I never thought about the shock until I resprung the front. It is not all that bad but you will notice it in comparison to the front. You also might get a bit of hobby horse effect. I did, so I resprung the rear also. Still have my Hyperpro rear and I think works pretty good.

itsatdm screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 08:18 PM
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote