View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #5
alongat OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremmy View Post
Have had the HQ Adventure gear for 2 years non. Have to say that I am very happy with it. I live in Victoria, Australia, so we have quite a variance in weather 8 -mid 40's C temperature changes. So far the suit has survived the hot weather quite well. In saying that it still gets hot, but the venting works well, whilst moving. Like anything once stopped you heat up quickly. For summer riding and more off road, slow going I have gone to the Rally jacket. Bit lighter and more ability to open it up. The HQ gear handles the rain really well. Have ridden for hours in heavy rain and pulled up totally dry. Havent really had to use the warm liner in it, as havent really felt the need. Thing to look at is that the fit of the jacket is changed noticably with just the waterproof liner inserted. Feels quite snug.
Crashability, cant comment. Thank good. But the standard 'smart armour" is quite comfortable and doesnt take long before starting to mold to you body shape.
Hope this helps.
Peter
Thanks Peter - I appreciate the feedback and detailed description. I don't need this suit for the hottest of day (I have Rev'it mesh for that) and I have the KTM Rally jacket / pants for the tight, dirty work so I'm hoping this suit would be for everything in between, especially multi-day road / gravel touring and I hope it's comfortable enough for touring on my RC8r sport bike as well - full leather is just no fun for that and I do want to do a few sport bike rides this coming year.

Thanks again,

And how can this be? For he is the Kwisatz Haderach!
alongat is online now   Reply With Quote