View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #8
martin.kryjom OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by creaky View Post
I had an identical engine in my '98 XR628 with a Yoshimura full exhaust and an Edelbrock carb, it was a real horse. It had stock forks and shock modified by Factory Connection along with a fork brace. I removed the modified stock suspension and installed WP 4054 forks and a WP Super Adjuster shock that I had fitted to an '85 XR 350 for quite a few years. Didn't really need to do that. The modified stock suspension was actually better on most surfaces, particularly good on roots and uneven rocky surfaces. Only downside to the stock forks is the long underhang beneath the axle, that can be a problem when negotiating deep ruts and occasionally catch a stray stick or root.
HI.
Is very important info for me. I was never in 100 % sure if I wonna stay with orginal suspension or trick the thing and buy USD forks. I have decided to stay orginal as if i would like to have USD then i had choosen wrong bike:)
So i will rebulid , revelve that suspension and we will see what we can do with that. Rear shock is really pain. Not available in most shops, only one way left ( the great one ) Ohlins will bulid custom rear shock for me ( now they checking if they can do it)
If no, i will be in trouble as fro 1990 not options left:(
I need some help Guys with 2 things,
1) How to remove swing arm bearings without the special tool, i know how to do it on KTM , but is much easier as the swing arm has different construction, what is the trick?
2) Please look at my rear hub, now is 110,6 mm, the limit is 111 mm diameter inside, i still can buy new one, but is a lit bit exensive , cost 600 USD new one . Do u think it should be change?

martin.kryjom screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 02:50 PM
martin.kryjom is offline   Reply With Quote