View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #11
Ayrshire Bull
why the hell not?

Oddometer: 1,942
Noel - definitely check that the last guys to work on your bike REPLACED the gear oil - and it wouldn't hurt to change it our yourself (quick, easy, cheap) just to be certain, before you go digging into more complicated solutions. Stranger things have happened.

PS - Spent many a day (in my youth) battering round the SW coast, on road bikes - many fond memories ..... (Murray's Monument, New Galloway Forrest, the back roads up to Dalmelington, used to stay in Minnigaff Youth Hostel a lot [always raining], the coast road back up to Ayr was always one of my favourites, and that little zig-zagging one that ran parallel to the coast, but just inland, that ran south out of Girvan. ..... and I still have a lump of granite in my office I picked up off the Ailsa Craig, after paddling out there with friend in sea kayaks.......must be 25 years ago now - ah the sweet taste of nostalgia!

Looking forwards to hearing you've got that bike up and running smoothly again - and to seeing your first ride report posted in the Spring.

Ayrshire Bull screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 09:25 AM
Ayrshire Bull is offline   Reply With Quote