View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #508
Trailing Jack
Dr. Acula

Oddometer: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobrakes View Post
I've never seen Milsaps look that good. He has always been a big dude, but he now looks lean, mean, and hungry. I think he may be a regular up there with the rest of the elite guys this season.
I've always liked Millsaps and thought when he was coming out of the Lites, he was going to be a major player.
I remember his first year on the big bikes. He was the holeshot king (much like Alessi is now) but couldn't hold a lead and would fade to mid pack.
As the years have gone by, he has seemed disinterested. The poster boy for "I'm making a good living, I'm famous, who cares if I am competitive?"

But as you say nobrakes, he looks like a different guy, and said himself last night that this is the first time he really worked in the offseason.
He's always been refreshingly candid in interviews and he sounded like a guy who finally got his shit together.
Good for him.

I might add, I would have a hard time watching these broadcasts without a DVR.
Jeez, what a load of crap they surround the races with!
I know we should be grateful that we get live broadcasts, but a full hour of fawning bullshit before the first gate drop? Wow. It gets worse every year.
I opted to do something else until I could catch up and see the mains in real time.
Otherwise, a great race. Looks like an interesting season.
Trailing Jack is offline   Reply With Quote