View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #25
norschweger OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
update

The mechanics did not listen and properly check if the waterpump seal was the leaking. Instead they were accusing the timing chain and wanted to take that out. To do this you basically have to disassemble the whole cylinder, which i stopped halfways...the guy has never worked on such a bike and the boss does not know shit (sorry for my language but he starts to piss me off). The way the things were taken apart was not really professional and you can just imagine what it looked like under and around the bike. I tried to clean up the mixture of parts, oil and coolant in a way that it could maybe be possible to find which screw belongs where....I do not feel comfortable letting this guy reassemble it by trial and error, but to do it all alone will be tough, especially because of the timing chain tension...to transport everything to another shop will be a bit complicated and maybe expensive (at least to Guadalajara) and the question is how willing someone is to clean up the mess of someone else. If anything goes wrong, everyone will blame the other one...
I am considering to contact the headquarters of KTM and ask them for advice.Too many things have been done wrong by "KTM"mechanics so far that I am not willing to swallow the bitter pills all alone. I have told the mechanic of Wilson motorsports/Fresno (who did the big service) about that and asked him to talk to his boss what possibilities I have...we will see
norschweger is offline   Reply With Quote