View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #15
FYYFF OP
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,912
Day 3

Let me finish my RR before I got lazier...

It was a dark night until full moon showed his face. Thanks to Ken we found this primitive spot next to a big rock to protect us from winds.

Night wasn't that cold. As a matter of fact it drizzled a bit. But nothing serious. Morning was cold...

Ken

Rich and Matt

Finally we were on the road no latter that 9:00am. Matt was happy since we were on time.

Diego

Matt

Bikes

Rich

Riders

Diego and Rich bailed out before Palo Verde and headed home. Ken, Matt and I made it all the way and had lunch around afternoon. After that, Ken headed back home and Matt and I decided to take Breadshaw back as much as we can because rain clouds were coming our way. We made it back all the way to Gas Line Road (over half way from Palo Verde) at high speed and no stops, trying to beat the rain. However rain was already waiting for us and we cut to 10 Fwy. Our original plan was staying one more night but I hate packing my tent and camping gear under rain. So we decided to ride back home. I made it home around 7:30 Sunday night. Somewhere along the Gas Line Road we were hauling a.. to get to 10 Fwy. There was a section with deep sand and there were couple parked RV's and some quads around. I was following Matt but didn't pay attention to him when he stopped to see what's going on with quads. I was just looking around and slam on the breaks as soon as I see him. Of course couldn't stop and trying to avoid rear ending him, I highsided, flew in the air and landed next to Matt some 6-7 feet away from my bike. :) (#3) But it didn't hurt at all.
I am glad we finally rode Breadshaw Trail. It wasn't technical or hard even on loaded big bikes. Just couple rocky sections. I was expecting more traffic (truck or bikes) but the were none. Maybe we got lucky.
Thanks Matt and Ken to show us around. I hope to do this ride again.
As always all the pictures are on my SmugMug.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube

FYYFF screwed with this post 01-06-2013 at 12:11 PM
FYYFF is online now   Reply With Quote