View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #72
Flanny OP
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
The second stage of the 2013 Dakar saw ALDO Racing/KTM Canada rider Patrick Beaulé cover the 85 km liaison out from Pisco and the 242 km special test forming a loop back to Pisco, with a great-big smile on his face.

"I had so much fun today. I mean it was really such a great ride!” said Beaulé following the stage.

“I was careful not to fall into some traps on the course early on -- there were some dangerous broken dunes [a steep drop-off like a sand-drift that the riders can inadvertently fly over at speed], as well some navigational challenges. I lost a bit of time around km 186 of the special with a navi [navigational error], but recovered quickly. The Aldo Racing/KTM Canada 450 Rallye Replica is working amazingly well, thanks to my super mechanic JF Charlot, and tonight we only need to focus on some very fine tuning of the suspension to better manage the changes between the soft dunes, and the hard-packed pistes.” added Beaulé.

Patrick finished the day 60th overall, only +36:17 from the winner of the stage; a great placement allowing him to ride tomorrow among competent riders, and away from much of the dust of the slower riders.

Racing fans can follow the action with daily updates on Patrick's Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/PatrickBeauleDakar .

Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote