View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #16
flemsmith OP
lurk

Oddometer: 572
It's Eagle One brand...

Can't say I'm wild about the results, it's darker than I would like and there are some places where the etching is uneven. Next pic might show some of the uneven color, but it is better than it was. The back of the label says do not use on polished aluminum wheels or on motorcycle wheels, and my rims required a fair amount of work with steel wool and metal polish to get them looking good again, but then they looked pretty crappy to begin with, so I wasn't worried about that.

Here I am trying to figure out how to use my new wheel balancer, If you look closely, you should be able to see some of the color variation of the hub, but for now, I think it's good enough.

I love to try doing things I read or hear about that are supposedly an improvement over stock...From the wildguzzi site, there was a thread about how the cush drives on these bikes are really hard as a rock and kinda tough on the tranny, there are even guys who are saying not to use the engine downshift to help slowdown. No way I can ever give that up, it's just part of the fun of riding a bike to me. So here's a supposed improvement....

Drill holes in the rubber spacers. It's a lot easier to use one of those gasket punches in your drill press rather than a drill bit. Doesn't make a perfect hole, but I don't think that matters, The OCD part of me rotated every other one, so the large hole sides balance out. Dunno if it makes any difference or not, but those rubber spacers really are hard as a rock. I coulda drilled some more holes but the truth is, this old bike had 50K miles on it, and both the tranny and the engine were really in pretty good shape internally. Guess I'll go play with wheel balancing now while I wait on wheel bearings. For the last coupla years I've been changing my own tires and just leaving the balance like the wheels were balanced before. Kinda anxious to see if I can tell a difference when I actually balance them. This wheel was definitely not in balance, but then I never rode the bike that fast or far before I started tearing it apart,. later. roy
flemsmith is offline   Reply With Quote