View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #3219
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 198
How long did you leave the Iceair on with the aftermarket pipe? I wonder if the ecu needed more time to adjust itself with the two together?

I have a akrapovic slip on on my 07 1200 and the difference was substantial. It may be your older electronics can't adjust for the pipe and you need a power commander to tune things manually for the pipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
I've had an interesting experience. Right after I got my bike ('97 1100GS) I bought a Leo Vince exhaust and have ridden that way since. I also did a jumper in place of the CCP, 30-87a.

When I got my IICE Air, I didn't notice a huge improvement. A bit smoother off idle and low throttle, but that's it. I also noticed my mileage was shite.

Yesterday I put the stock exhaust back on to see if it would help the mileage. I have no clue whether it will help the mileage, but DAY-UM!! The bike is now soooo much smoother and has a LOT more low end power. I was really surprised.

I set the IICE back to the "zero" setting and it felt fine, but lost a bit of pep. Put it back to -20 and it's got ZIP again.

I was really surprised by the improvement going back to the stock pipe made, but even more impressed by the amount of difference the IICE makes with the stock pipe.

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS