View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #146
backdrifter
Wannabe rider

Oddometer: 1,363
I saw this old thread and thought it seemed like a fun one to bring back and pass some time with until my airhead is finally ready to ride.

I love my airhead because it belonged to my wife's Grandpa and I feel priveledged to be its current care taker. I love it because I've bonded with it throughout countless hours spent together in the garage - probably half of those at temps above 100 or below 30. I love it because it's not just easy, but actually intuitive to work on. I love it because it was clearly a well thought out and well executed design. I love the lines of the bike, and the glorious toaster tank. I love that the top end can be completely disassembled without removing the tank. I love how the endless need for "special tools" forces me to be creative in finding cheap homemade solutions.

And finally, I love it because I MUST love it. I've spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars on it and I've only heard the bike run once for a few seconds, and I've never ridden it. I love it because my stubborn nature refuses to let me not love it.

And I'm sure my love will grow exponentially once I'm riding it!

1973 BMW R60/5:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608166
backdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote