View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #47
Dylan.S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
my GPS tells me that I'm in N17.78028 W101.72307 & it's an awesom number :-) White sand, blue sea & beautiful surrounding. Camping on the beach again. Today I even had time to go for a swim. Heavy military presence on the way. I've been very lucky so far with police & army. They never checked me till now. Only a brief question or two before letting me go. Couple of times I was even fooling around with them. When they asked me "are you carrying drugs" in Spanish, I answer in English "only one packet" but I shake my head with No sign. Then the next question in spanish "are you carrying a gun" I answer "only a shot gun" with same shaking head as "no". They let me go and I laugh at my own joke.

I heard so many people say that the Mexican police is so corrupt. However, I have so far made very good experiences except once. That occasion was when a gangster/thief tried to get close to my backpack in Mexico city, I went to complain to the first cop I found who was only a couple of dozens meters away. But unfortunately I discovered that the policeman was covering up the bad guy. From my encounters, there are lot more good guys than the bad. You just have to behave and you'll be left alone!

Dylan.S screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 06:02 AM
Dylan.S is offline   Reply With Quote