View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #180
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyOldFart View Post
Thanks for feedback, that pretty much puts my mind to rest. I have one of those large Swiss Army looking lap-top back packs for my 17-inch work lap top that I went by the dealer with and and it wouldn't fit in the vario top box, or it at all at least not without a lot of cramming to the point I'd be worried about breaking it. It may fit in the side vario expanded (didn't try it) but not crazy about side opening boxes. Looks like it'd be an easy fit in the Jesses, I'd rather not have to wear it for long commute. I also like the idea of option for storing helmet too. Dealer is willing to give me 100s $ off of either sets of BMW cases though, so honestly my head is still swirling over which combination of boxes to get.

Im leaning Jesses especially after the feedback above, but wondering if a helmet and my lap top bag fits in the vario side cases I may not need top box at all, and would save a bunch of $. It would be nice to get all 3 Jesse pieces now and be done with it but I'll have to ponder this some more.

Thansk,
Steve
Why don't you get the BMW aluminium panniers? They are great and they open from the top:

And you'll be able to fit two helmets! one in the topcase the otherone in one of the side cases (non exhaust one)
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 02:36 AM Reason: I suck :o(
Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote