View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #70
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post
Team Redverz - Kevin Muggleton to Dakar 2013

Update. Yesterday I went over a dune and broke my back, the dakar air ambulance was there in minutes and quickly filled up with other riders at the same scene.

After flying to Lima I'm immobilized here for 4 days before I fly back to Denver and will need surgery for a few pins in my back.

I replayed the scene many times, and other than the benefit of hindsight, I would have taken the same line, and speed 9 times out of 10.

Going into this Dakar I felt strong mentally and physically, and didn't get enough days under my belt. My body will heal quickly, but unfortunately the Dakar is the most addictive and expensive drug you can buy, and its hard to give up.

Perhaps it's premature, and I'm high as a kite on morphine, but I now have everything I need to run the Dakar , and if the Gods and stars are aligned I want to race Dakar 2014. 345 days

Thank you all for your support and kind words, it hurts more than you can imagine to let you down.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA