View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #182
CrustyOldFart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
"That 17 inch laptop will be difficult to fit in any top box"

That's what I was wondering about. I hate to order boxes around a lap top, but I won't be due for another one from work for a while and may be stuck with this one for time being unless I can trade with a co-worker who has a smaller one. My next laptop will be smaller to lighten the load, and since I'm almost always plugged in to remote monitor anyway, but for the moment will need to lug this thing around, so looks like I'll need side cases large enough for this thing.

So in this thread I've seen the 3 piece Jesse's, which I think look awesome, and I wasn't aware that there was a backrest available for when riding with passengers, which my wife may like. I've also seen Jesse panniers paired with Givi top box and BMW vario top box; either combo also looked pretty good, though I suppose those were paired by people who already had a top box they wanted to keep. Even with dealer discount the BMW aluminum panniers will cost more than the Jesses, or at best about the same. The polished aluminium looks good and they are top-loading, but knowing that I'm lazy to keep aluminum polished and considering there may be aluminum dust to deal with over time, I'm still leaning toward powder-coated inside-and-out Jesse's. Also, Jesse's are tight to the bike and narrower overall than BMW aluminums. I think my questions are answered.

Thanks everyone.
CrustyOldFart is offline   Reply With Quote