View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #81
Flanny OP
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
For a third day Canadian Aldo Racing/KTM Canada rider Patrick Beaule has demonstrated his racing experience by using disciplined strategy, to again place very well on the stage from Pisco to Nasca.

Patrick finished the 243 km dune-dominated special test in 58th position out of the 171 remaining competitors in the bike class, and was 44 minutes off the stage winner’s pace.

“Today I continued to manage the wear on the motorcycle and to manage risk while maintaining a good position to arrive at the bivouac with time to rest, eat and prepare my road book [the roll-chart that provides navigational instructions] for the next day. The strategy seems to be working so far, but it is a very long event and we’re still just at the beginning, but I’m very, very happy so far, and still having fun.” said Beaulé at the bivouac.

Today’s result places Patrick in 55th position overall after three stages.

Racing fans can follow the action with daily updates on Patrick's Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/PatrickBeauleDakar

Patrick is sponsored by: Aldo Racing, KTM Canada, CTI Braces, Elka Suspension, Kutvek Graphics, Lachapelle Racing Products, LS2 Helmets, Overseas Express Consolidators and FlannyMedia.com

Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote