View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #3310
NoExit
NoProblem

Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtpig View Post
Just a quick update:

I spoke to Don's wife a few minutes ago. Don is still riding towards the end of the special under his own power. Bike is busted up and he may or may not be hurt himself. Bike has no lights, route book, or nav systems (compass). ASO medical team are following him in to the end of the special.

Long story short lets keep our fingers crossed. He is not out of the race yet. When he gets to the bivioac and gets cleared medically then the big question is whether or not they can make the bike ridable for tomorrow. We will let everyone know once we know.
That's better news about Don. Amazing that he's still going. I have this image in my mind of him limping his bike and himself through the desert, with the medical team following like vultures.

Here's one for rulebook ric678 and the other experts: Assuming he can keep riding, is there a cutoff time by which he has to make the ASS or the bivouac before being disqualified? Or, is he in it until he misses his start time for tomorrow's stage (and by how much can he miss the start time before he's disqualified)?

NoExit screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 08:01 PM
NoExit is offline   Reply With Quote