View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Evomx971 OP
Planning Next Ride

Oddometer: 236
WNWT Day 1

I left home this morning at 8:54am. Every time I leave on a trip where I'll be gone for a few weeks, it's always a little emotional. You can't help but wonder if you'll be back. I know I'm more likely to get taken out on the way to get groceries two miles from home, but still.

The Girlfriend and I hugged really tight, kissed hard, and cried a little. Say 'hi' Pam...

Left the house with 13,503 on the Triumph, 30 degrees and sunny...

I ran about 10 miles of local two-lane before jumping on I-35 south, ran through Kansas City, then made my way to Springfield, MO to stay with my cousin and his family (thanks Shawn, Morgan, and Ayla!) Lots of four lane today to get south of the cold and snow. Got up to about 50 degrees this afternoon which felt pretty fantastic. Stiff headwind most of the morning was really killing gas mileage along with the interstate speeds. Overall pretty comfortable ride with the electric jacket liner and glove liners set on Bake. Toes were cold on and off.

I did take a break from the four-lane to run a nice twisty little road through the forest around Truman Lake in south central Missouri. Roads were dry, but there was a pretty heavy stripe of sand/salt residue down the center of each lane you had to be pretty wary of. 398 miles today.

Not sure my plan for tomorrow yet. Looks like Texas is going to be getting some heavy rain the next couple of days so I might head west into Oklahoma and check some things out while that system moves through.
What Next Wander Tour http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853663

Evomx971 screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 08:15 PM
Evomx971 is offline   Reply With Quote