View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #17
crobox OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Paint Oven

I mentioned in my last post that painting in these unusually cold temperatures was a pain in the rear....

I've been working on my tank recently and I just thought I'd post a picture of my "Paint Oven"...

That's my regular 2-barrel stove that I use to (barely) heat the shop. I set up the "table" on top of it, and the plates of aluminum above that to sort of capture the heat and make a bit of an "oven". I typically warm up the item that I am painting for a little while, and warm the can of spraypaint too, then take out the item, paint it, and then put it back in to the "oven" so the paint can set at a warm temperature. I usually bring the item into the house and hang it from the ceiling at night because the temperatures in the shop drop to about 0 at night these days, and the house is of course considerably warmer.

That is my gas tank, with a coat of gray primer, sitting in the "oven" in this picture.

I thought it was entertaining, so I thought you all might too.....
crobox is offline   Reply With Quote