View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #33
Hoonatic Ty OP
TEN660

Oddometer: 96
Kununurra & Ivanhoe Crossing

I travelled further on from the tree through El Questro Station bushland for miles to complete a loop back onto the road. Not far from the Gibb River Road I was met with a locked gate... Respecting the sign on it, I doubled backed on the 50km I had just rode . My frustration evaporated in no time, just like my sweat in the steaming conditions as I rode through the magnificent country with its water crossings, ridge lines, unfamiliar tree types and palms. I saw things that I had missed the first time through and the tough sections were familiar but make-able tests of skill. I like how difficulties take a different light when you are having fun!

It was on to the town of Kununurra, known for it prolific growing of fruit and vegetables and as I also found out Sandalwood. Acres of mangoes have made way for this exotic smelling wood all growing on the very fertile delta land below the Ord River Dam. Coupled with the favourable warm temperature and irrigation system from Lake Argyle everthing grows in quick times!

Ivanhoe Crossing, as inviting as it looks, crocodiles lurk in the waters waiting...

Native Fig Tree Kununurra Lookout, against all odds a seed, grew from a crack in a rock...

Hoonatic Ty is offline   Reply With Quote