View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #43
rabbitears
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Great ride report, really enjoyed the photos as well as the text! Thank you for sharing.

I have been a little bit to Croatia and Montenegro (without a bike, unfortunately) and they are both fantastically beautiful. The people have always been very nice to me and the prices are absolutely reasonable. If you liked Trogir (which is lovely), I think you would also love Budva (Montenegro), which is very much like both Trogir and Dubrovnik - beautifully preserved medieval marble-paved towns. Unlike Dubrovnik, although it is a town with a buzzing tourist industry, it is smaller and not a constant fight through crowds! Even Ulcinj, the southernmost town in Montenegro, is worth stopping by - lunch on the promenade in the old centre of town (surrounded by newer development) is nice. Unfortunately Bar, like many port cities around the world, is not quite so pretty. So all in all there is much to explore!

Incidentally, I think the Bradt guide to Montenegro (which is the best available, at least in English, perhaps there are superior texts in German) contains details of a walk from Gusinje (in the hinterland of Montenegro) along donkey tracks and across the border to Northern Albania. (Weirdly, I can't work out where the border crossing point would be there). It seems to me that that area would be great for offroaders with a sense of adventure.
rabbitears is offline   Reply With Quote