View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #710
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Zipolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourty2ri View Post
How long do you anticipate till your done?

I am planning a one year ride of the USA starting in June 2013.
I had only planned Baja Cali next winter, now, thanks to this amazing ride report, looks like Zipolite is on the itinerary for Xmas 2013.
Thanks

Dave
I highly recommend Zipolite as a place to just chill and enjoy the beach. If you make the effort to find the Samastro and Andreas, you won't be sorry. Awesome guy.

I am loosely planning, shipping the bike to Miami from Buenos Aires at the beginning of March. Airfreight is pricey but very convenient. I hear that when it is all said and done shipping by boat is not that much cheaper.

My wife has a work related course in Atlanta the first week of March. I have friends all up the Eastern Seaboard. In March it's typically much too cold to ride in NB but I could slowly make my way north and leave the bike for a month or so at a friends place and come back and get it.

My in-laws spend the Winter in Florida and as another option I could store the bike there and get it when NB warms up.

I don't want to sell the bike. After riding it all this way I want to keep it, even if it is just a memento in my garage. The bike still has a lot of life left in it though. Who knows there are likely more trips left in it.
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote