View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #117
Flood OP
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Verhoeven on today:

Frans Verhoeven is the fourth stage of the Dakar Rally lot of time lost. The Yamaha rider finished today as number 53, just over 51 minutes behind the day's winner Joan Barreda. In the rankings Verhoeven tumbled to 27th place. The difference with Yamaha rider Olivier Pain, now ranking leader, is three quarters.
It could also be Verhoeven instead of Pain. The two rode together a long time, until the engine Verhoeven stopped. "The start was very good," said Verhoeven, excited. "When the engine stopped, I checked everything. I've taken everything apart, but could not find the cause. Yamaha rider Michael Metge has stopped with me and together we checked everything again. Only when I loose the bottom plate was screwed, I saw that the connector of the fuel pump loose. That allowed us to quickly fix, but I do not know how long I stood still. "
Of the fourth stage, a 290 km long test between Nazca and Arequipa in southern Peru, had previously said that one of the toughest of the Dakar Rally would be. Not only Verhoeven had a bad day.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook