View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #711
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Cuenca

I took a walk around Cuenca today and took a lot of pictures so you can all see how beautiful this old city is.

This was the scene outside my room this morning. It appears to be a place where larbourers go to meet contractors that have work

The Cathedral in the morning light

A look around Cuenca, Ecuador

A better look at my Hostal

The Barber Shop

I stopped and had a haircut and shave from this fine gentleman. The royal treatment. He spent about 35 or 40 minutes fussing over me. He charged $5 I gave him $10. It was worth all of that to me. He had the most beautiful ballroom dance music with a Spanish flair playing. It was an unforgettable haircut.

There are dozens of beautiful churches here

Ecuador!

One of hundreds of nice Hostals

If you were to come here on your bike and had trouble finding a place with secure parking. There are many Parquederos here. Public 24hour parking, that is reasonable

Park all night for $2

If I had some way to get it home I would love one of these fine hats

Check out the wooden scaffold at the top of this steeple. It has to be close to 200 ft up

This is the front view. The scaffold was on the back of the left steeple

There was a fire or accident down this street. Lots of Policia on their bikes and Bomberos (Firefighters) in their trucks

A sculpture on the side of a building. Look to me like maybe a union promotion

The great building go on and on.

Yet another fine church

and another

and another

Cuenca has some nice parks

Inside the big cathedral....magnificent!

Across the street from my hostal. Pots and pans for sale in several stores. You see this a lot in SA makes me think I need a pot

And finally, while I was out walking, Trusty the KLR was waiting patiently in the restaurant, getting ready to go to Peru

Now you've seen Cuenca. What do you think?

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 02:03 PM
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote