View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
BKFoster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiplicity View Post
You need to maintain your bike, with records to keep the warranty valid. You also can't modify it. IE power commander, ETC..
I guess that depends on the Ins Co./Dealer. When the driveshaft failed on my 2009 Adventure, maintanence or modifications where never mentioned. And I have the PCIII and a full Akrapovic race exhaust (among many other mods). But then I am not a "dirty-biker". I do all my own maintainence and keep my bike clean and they noticed. If it looks likes shit thay may think you treat it like shit and ask for records.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiplicity View Post
Also understand, they make the decisions, not the repair facility. They tend to drag both feet.
Again, not my experience. My dealer got me on the lift, tore it down, agreed it was a bad u-joint, recieved authorization from the insurance company, made a trip to a dealer a few towns over to get the part, and got me on the road in under six hours. I couldn't be happier. It is the first Extended Service Contract I have bought in my life and it will pay for itself if a another covered repair is required in the next 5 years, which I feel is likely. I gambled and won.
BKFoster is offline   Reply With Quote