Thread: The Big 60
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
motobiko OP
biko I rido

Oddometer: 56
Further introspection drew concerns pertaining to limitations of time, money, and ambition and weighted heavily on my mind. For i knew i didnt want to be on the road for too many days, or spend endless thousands of $$ on gas/food/hotels/farkels/engine parts, or get burnt out from riding roads that never end. Idealistically, I love planing things down to the last detail, but realistically i know better than to try and conjure plans of grandeur and implement with 100% success. Previous experience has taught me that guidelines make for a far better adventure than any plan written in stone. You just never know what might come up. Too many possiblities exist for planning a trip like this. A person just can't go wrong being on the open road with a world of possibilities ahead.Where might i go you ask? Follow along and see.

One item remained to be packed before i was ready to go. Unfortunately i could not find that one item. No matter where i looked my trusty $20 5x7' tent i bought at Alco in Moab back in 2005 when i was out on my 1000ltd was nowhere to be found. It was nice and small and i could fit in it if i slept at an angle in it. I didnt realize my tent was missing until the day before i left, and they dont sell tents in my little town. Dont know if it blew out of the back of my pickup or if some neighbor kid stole it. Who knows? I would have started sweating, but fortunately there are plenty of walmarts all over the place. So i loaded my tailbag, tankbag, aluminum panniers, packed my backpack, and i was ready to rumble!

Further introspection drew concerns pertaining to limitations of time, money, and ambition and weighted heavily on my mind. For i knew i didnt want to be on the road for too many days, or spend endless thousands of $$ on gas/food/hotels/farkels/engine parts, or get burnt out from riding roads that never end. Idealistically, I love planing things down to the last detail, but realistically i know better than to try and conjure plans of grandeur and implement with 100% success. Previous experience has taught me that guidelines make for a far better adventure than any plan written in stone. You just never know what might come up. Too many possiblities exist for planning a trip like this. A person just can't go wrong being on the open road with a world of possibilities ahead.Where might i go you ask? Follow along and see.
One item remained to be packed before i was ready to go. Unfortunately i could not find that one item. No matter where i looked my trusty $20 5x7' tent i bought at Alco in Moab back in 2005 when i was out on my 1000ltd was nowhere to be found. It was nice and small and i could fit in it if i slept at an angle in it. I didnt realize my tent was missing until the day before i left, and they dont sell tents in my little town. Dont know if it blew out of the back of my pickup or if some neighbor kid stole it. Who knows? I would have started sweating, but fortunately there are plenty of walmarts all over the place. So i loaded my tailbag, tankbag, aluminum panniers, packed my backpack, and i was ready to rumble!