View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #1
xjbuddy OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Everything has a start

First off, I'd like to say Hello to everyone and wish to introduce myself.

This is my first ever motorcycle experience, this forum is a big part of why I chose to do this. Thank you everyone for your inspiring reports.

My love for motorcycles began when I was 10 years old. A neighbor of mine had a KLR 650, I always thought riding a motocross on public road would be so cool.

Well my dream came true 17 years later when I purchased a used 2004 KLR 650, I must have had a wicked stupid grin on my face that day

I wanted my first ride to be something I'd remember. So I packed Murphy (We all give them names right?) as best as I could with the low budget equipment that I had and went on a one day camping trip.

Pretty basic heh? I had my tent, sleeping bag a few cans of beer and some extra clothing, it would have to do!

So I toured the area around my cottage trying to stay on backroads mainly, I like seing lakes and wooded area.

This is a lake where my Grand-Pa and I used to fish rainbow trout when I was a kid... Miss having him with me on fishing trips... Fish's back then were plenty compared to now..

Wooden bridge structure of the rivière du Serpent :

At that point I had barely traveled 50 km and found myself stopping everywhere to take some pictures. Definitely a change from driving a car. It makes for some great memories.

First time ever that I stop for gas with a bike! Gotta admit that I liked the price of a full tank! Less than 20$

Getting some shade under a giant tree, time for a break!

And while the bike is resting, why not enjoy a bite to eat? (I'm a bachelor at heart)

My first experience crossing a metal bridge with a motorcycle...

We meet friends along the way :

Woke up to this and it instantly made me forget about all my life's problems. I found myself relieved of stress. I smiled, a very honest smile, at that precise moment, I found myself very happy.

The next morning on my way back I had my first experience dropping the bike. I had come to a turn and cut too close and experienced loose sand. No harm done I just let the bike drop, stood back and laughed . It's one of the reason why I bought a used bike to begin with!

Came back to the cottage after that, sat down, and just enjoyed a beer and I swear I still had to stupid grin on my face!

Since then I have went on some other smaller trips, I'm still learning and experiencing the challenge of motorcycles riding. I have to say that next summer I want to do a longer trip, at least a full week touring Alberta, Brithish-Columbia and Northwest Territories. One day who knows when I'm experienced enough, maybe I'll do a longer trip to some remote part of the world!

Here are some odd pictures of my modest travel :

Sturdy Murphy

Favorite place on earth

That's all folks!

Cheers!
xjbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote