View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #25
John65 OP
D Ol Man

Oddometer: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberia View Post
What a great ride and ride report. I think your video captures told the story perfectly and you surely wouldn't have stopped to take pictures as often if you'd been using a regular camera. (I'm guessing you were using a GoPro?)
Yes, GoPro Hero (the old one), and they did look better posted than I thought they would, and it does give you more selections to post

I grew up in northern Florida along the Suwannee River and when the rivers are up the springs turn black. I think it's that the runs back up and the clear spring water can't keep the river water pushed out. Based upon all the water you rode through it must have been after heavy rains/hurricane. I've seldom seen that much water on logging roads in Florida.
OK, now it makes sense to me..

I certainly can see why you thought this was one of the best rides you've taken. It looks like a blast. So many different road conditions, all that water, little to no traffic (except for log trucks).
It was a blast, rain and all

Thanks so much for sharing your ride. It brings back a lot of really great memories of growing up in Florida.
My first ride report. Now I understand why riders that do them take so long to complete it.
But it was fun reliving the experience of the trip
TET Florida Section
TET Georgia Section
John65 is offline   Reply With Quote