View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
Psycho18th OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
So, I eventually ended up on Peck Mine rd, then swastika mine rd, finally on 89a, then onto the crown king road. It now after 1 pm and I'm starving having assumed I'd be to crown king before lunch. Other than some road grading and dump trucks, it was a breeze the rest of the way to Crown King. Not much running on a Monday, but I grabbed a sandwich and orange cream soda at the Prospector. Then. Put a couple gallons of gas in the bike and headed out. I forgot to mention, my carb had a small intermittent leak out the overflow. Not sure if the float was sticking, or if the seal is bad, but it definitely hurt my mileage a bit. It was pretty snowy in CK. I had planned on taking a single track trail down (Lane), but as it was pushing 3pm, it was very snowy/ icy up there, I had never ridden lane and heard it was a bear, and I didn't want to get back after dark, I just took the "regular" back way down through orobelle and FR 711 to Lake Pleasant. Here' some snow.

This was 1000 ft below CK, there was much more up on the mountain. I really don't like this trail as its heavily used by jeeps, quads and UTVs. I passed a group of 5 quads heading down. Only scary an counter was a group of 5 of those RZR or Rhino things, playing Dakaar and going like bats out of hell opposite direction. Luckily they kick up a metric ton of dust, so I had an idea I was about to get rammed, so had slowed and pulled to the side of the trail. I still almost got clipped by the first one, but at least he had the trail etiquette to indicate the 4 more following. That's why I generally stick to single track or difficult jeep trail. Then the only cages I have to avoid are on the streets.

I pulled into the driveway about 5:30, right as the last bits of daylight were leaving. About 160 miles total.
Thanks for reading.
Psycho
00 and '07 YAM TTR 90s (kids' bikes)
89 Lockheed F-16C (Work vehicle )
Psycho18th is offline   Reply With Quote