View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #11
ThirdUncle OP
ThirdUncle

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by yety61 View Post
G'day all,
Just found this thread and thought I'd chime in. I have an '09 800 also and I am on my 4th set of steering head bearings in 40000km's so I'm having the same issue. Tried 2 different brands of bearings so far, made no difference. Currently waiting for the bike to get back from Russia, when it does, I'll be going over it with a magnifying glass trying to find any earth leakage to see if that is the problem. If I don't find anything then I'll just continue to ride the hell out of it and replace them every 12000km's, which is how long it takes them to wear out. I should know something in about 2 weeks, I'll keep you posted.
Lads,

I'll run the earthing idea past the Budds' techs, since I wouldn't know bad earthing from poor topsoil. I switched from a K60 front tire to a TKC80 last summer and got the new SHB in early Sept. I recall the the K60 front was noisy and one of the techs said that the SHB was worn evenly around the whole inside of the race, so maybe it was an evil resonance off the tire. Will report back if the new set wears out prematurely.
ThirdUncle is offline   Reply With Quote