View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #29675
toast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
January 1st Calico Hills - Toast, Nowwhat, Riddler990, Vernon, El Zorrillo, PJH66-Pat

It was a cold brisk New Years morning when we met up at Calico Hills (just north of Barstow) a new area for me. Excitement was in the air as we geared up for what would turn out to be a short ride packed into a full day.

John and Tom

Vern with some good form on this jump

Tom seemed to get the most air on his Berg

Nowwhat!

Unfortuanetly I didn't get any good pictures of the rest of the guys actually getting any air so we move on.
We came up to this unusual rock formation.

Pat pictured here digging a trench. That was kinda the theme for the day (digging trenches).

This area was so breathtaking, it was also nice that it had rained in the last few days.

Another panorama

Stopping to take it all in.

John was the first to navigate this tough section. I helped him pick it up after I got the shot.

We spent at least 30 minutes at this soft hill climb, gut busting laughing by all parties.

Here is where the guys are looking at Tom in the valley of no return, deciding what to do. He had rode down to a point that didn't look like it would go through. So he had to get back up.

One advantage of being the photographer, not expected to assist the with work on this one.
After some grunting and wheel spin the Berg is back on top.

Camera overload: Handheld video, traditional digital camera and a couple of GoPros.

We did a lot of this all day

This photo was taken by the GoPro

I am not all that happy with way the video came out. Might redo it later this week or perhaps just post it the way it is....

YouTube
Spot
toast is offline   Reply With Quote