View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #139
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftystrat62 View Post
Did you check out my MSR Hubba Hubba I show pics of it on the scale-super easy to set up? I've owned some nice tents over the years,and always bought ones that you would use backpacking. I think the Hubba Hubba is my best purchase yet. I have 1,2,3, &,4 man tents at home. The hubba hubba is a 2 man that fits one person plus gear nicely.
If you go to a web site like REI-they have all the weight specs on their tents. I've noticed some web sites differ a bit on their specs when comparing the same item,so don't always take what you read for the tents weight as "gospel" truth. That's why I'm showing my gear on a scale. Also note I have my tent as well as the "footprint"and a stuff sack which adds a little more to the listed weight of the tent that you'll read on a web site.
In backpacking & climbing the saying is "every ounce counts". I'm not as concerned on my bike,but if your conscious with all you carry-I'm sure it will make a difference. At least that what I tell myself every time I buy something
Am considering the Hubba hubba and a few others. Thanks for the good info
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote