View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #3526
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bamboo View Post
My computer blocked that as a "Malicious Website"....?
Well, depending on a number of variables that can happen for both good & bad reasons.

This is the download page direct @ Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

And here is the text from the original page @ http://fstoppers.com/have-an-older-c...mium-plus-free FYI:

- START-

Have an Older Computer? Download Adobe CS2 Premium Plus for Free.

In an interesting move, Adobe has made the 2005 CS2 Premium Plus suite available as a free download for Windows and Mac platforms. While the software will have issues with some newer computers and though the software is dated, it’s all here on Adobe’s site, serial numbers and all. What do you guys make of this?

You do need an Adobe account to download the files, but it’s completely free to create one… Via 9to5Toys.com

[UPDATE] There is a lot of hype surrounding the free version of Adobe CS2. Many claimed it was false, etc etc. What’s the story? Some people are reporting that the reason all this was happening is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don’t require activation but do require valid serial numbers were available.

But the downloads are free, and they still exist. There are serial numbers you can use, but there is a catch — System requirements: Mac OS X v.10.2.8–v.10.3.8. PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor Microsoft® Windows® 2000/Windows XP. Intel® Pentium® III or 4 processor

You should also be able to use Apple computers with newer Intel processors, but you have to have OSX v. 10.6.x or earlier (that’s Snow Leopard or earlier…no Lion/Mountain Lion).

You might run into issues if you’re using newer software/hardware. You can get to a whole slough of downloads and serial numbers for CS2 at Adobe.com.

- END -

I offer no warranty on the info here posted, though a large number of the media professionals I know seem to have confidence this is a bona fide Adobe offer...