Originally Posted by Shoganai
This is for anyone who started riding after age 30.
I'll phrase the first question in my Mom's exact words, "WTF were you thinking?" (5 years later her opinion hasn't changed)
2. What was your first bike?
3. How do you feel about starting so late?
4. What bikes have you progressed to / thru?
I'll go first.
Not sure why you started with 2.... But
2. I bought a 2002 VRod via Ebay after I saw the bike at a Harley dealership.
3. I am glad I waited! Having the time to develop patience has made it so that I can enjoy riding and not dying (really dying) to be the fastest. Understanding mortality seriously helps.
4. I put 15K on the VRod in a year and at about 10 months in I bought an ST1300. I finally had enough bar runs so I sold the VRod and bought a Ulysses. So that's the two in the garage, a ST and a Uly.