View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #193
J Lewis OP
Numb Nuts

Oddometer: 495
Nav Training Feb 11-15, Nevada

Right now I have a returning client that wants to do Rally Navigation Training the week of February 11-15.

We will be working on sand riding and navigation as well as looking at doing some longer stages. He is open to having other riders participate in the class.

If you are interested please let me know. The cost will depend largely on participation but anticipate between $1000-$1400 for the session and that includes the roadbooks.

These classes do not come up that often and I do not know when the next one will be. The class in conjunction with the Altrider rally will teach the basic mechanics but the riding will be tuned for twin-cylinder BMWs. This class is set up for riders who are looking at competing in a road-book navigation rally and will teach you how to navigate with on-bike equipment no matter the organisation putting on the event.

Bikes will need a 120-mile fuel range and full-sized mapbook as well as an adjustable odometer that reads in miles. You'll need a GPS that reads numeric headings (CAP) and can except .GPX or garmin files. We prefer the Garmin 60 CSX though some others will work.

If you are interested e-mail me at jimmy@jimmylewisoffroad.com for more info.
J Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote