Flood OP
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8340SU View Post
Despres is lonely

He does not say, but Cyril Despres almost regret Marc Coma is not on this Dakar. With his alter ego Spanish KTM, it was an intense fight but with a certain respect.

His face is stained fatigue and anger. Sitting on the edge of his camper in the camp of Arequipa, Cyril Despres did not start to feel old but a gap between the biker of 38 years and his young rival. Designated as favorite single Package Dakar 2013 after his teammate and rival Marc Coma, the French assume only the weight of the race and regrets that other drivers regularly leave him in charge of opening the road to better counter in the last kilometers. "I may be old school but before, when a pilot was opening the track, he was given the victory, he says. Here, when the green arrow is illuminated on the GPS and someone sees the arrival of doubling it cuts both ways limit. '

Elimination race
Despres is annoyed but there is obviously no solution to encourage the best of the pack to guide the flock. "Apart Chaleco who tried, nobody starts. Some do not feel confident enough in navigation. Every time it's the same scenario. They go to five or six and then they have waited for me to do the trace." Faced with the impossibility of creating gaps in the off road tracks, Despres hopes to make a difference in the more technical parts of the rally in Argentina. "I'm not worried, he assures. I feel good physically and now I'm managing. I do not run 100% of my ability." An excellent tactical for an elimination race. But they are still likely to be in the game ...

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook