View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #1239
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurw View Post
Exactly! When you are going to think back in ten years and ponder about all the stuff that happened during your epic ride, I suppose it's stories like these (apart from the awesome and interesting people you met) which will be freshest in memory, as they were truly special and one-of-a-kind. Also, do you think there is any other Panigale owner out there who has taken his Duc into the dirt and mud? I doubt it.

The additional post has some awesome photos in it, again. I think when I was there I saw these golden mountains made of parallel ridges from a higher vantage point, I think it was Zabriskie Point. Did your trail get you near there, but from the bottom end?
I only hope that in 10 years I have many other rides to look back on, too! And I have this R/R memorializing all of it. Perhaps I just need to set a goal that ever time Ducati releases a superbike I have to go offroading with it. :)

Zabriske is a few minutes north of Twenty Mule Team Canyon....basically all along the same geological formation. I've never actually gone up to Zabriske, though. (There's always a bunch of people!)

I'll hit you up KCM1 if I ever make it back to Salt Lake.

And crazy coincidence. I subscribe to Vice for their exceptional and gritty journalism--and what video did they just release? One on the Black Hoof in Toronto--the place I ate the raw horse! So cool!

No clue why it won't embed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PssJdcu5sL0
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote