View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #110
Desert Dave OP
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Lodi View Post
I've made lunch runs to Bridgeport before, never thought of Bodie as a day ride though. Have you got any shots from the Twin Lakes west of Bridgeport? I didn't wake up early enough for a sunrise shot, but I can sure picture one in my mind. Stunning geography back there.
I think your Tenere and mine would get along famously. I'll be on the lookout for a fast Raven when I'm out and about.

PS: My dad used to compete in photography, fun hobby that can make you some money on the side. You've got it too.

If you're doing a lunch run to Bridgeport, I'd say Bodie is not much more...it'll just be a little darker coming home

I don't believe I have anything from Twin Lakes, but this is good, just the excuse I needed to spend some quality time there.

It wouldn't bother me to make a few bucks on a photo, but for now it's all passion. It's strangely rewarding to give someone a photo of them-self riding in a postcard, or to read the comments here that a photo inspired someone. I guess all that crap about giving is better than receiving might have a little truth in it somewhere Or maybe I've been drinking.

Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote