View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #58
GmanVic OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerider View Post
Great thread! You should not need tecillusion or any other devices on the 1100GS Motronic 2.2. Very little on the 1150 tuning applies to 1100 non-S. Have you replaced the intake manifolds? There is a built in seal that goes bad. If the fuel,air , vacuum are good the 1100 runs great. I would buy an oem CO pot aka "idle regulating valve" as used on the non-cat version 1100 before spending money on f.i. modifier. The rubber seal in the TB that surrounds the f.i. is probably leaking. Would go through the entire fuel prep and delivery system. TBs might need rebuild.
Thanks vintagerider. I got a deal on the techlusion so I did buy one. I have not replaced any intake parts, but I checked the TBs and vicinity for leaks using both propane and WD40 but didn't seem to be any... I will take another look with special attention to the seal arounf the fuel injector. The "tecillusion" is still unopened so could return it, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerider View Post
Kinda surprised on your choice of gear lube. M97 is spec'd for GL5 and in 90wt. Controversial for some of course.
What is GL5? And are you syaing straight 90 weight, not 80w90? I chose Redline Shockproof because I read that it might spooth up the shifting a bit...it hasn't really.
GmanVic is offline   Reply With Quote