Old 01-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #213
Flood OP
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Stan Watt & Tim Forman update after yesterday's stage:

Crescent KTM and Front Row GB continue to make an impression
The Crescent KTM and Front Row GB team of Stan Watt and Tim Forman had another strong day as the 2013 Dakar completed its fifth stage with both men now in the top-40.

In what was a relatively short timed special of just 136km followed by a 275km liaison stage both men rode well to improve on their positions in the overall race standings. For the second day, the highest placed rider was Forman, who continued to show his pace onboard the Crescent prepared KTM rally bike. The 34-year-old was just six seconds off a top-30 position, finishing the stage in 31st place, 17m48s behind the fastest man of the day and stage winner David Casteau. The result seeís Forman continue to climb up the leader board with the Welshman now holding 37th overall.

Watt put in another solid day to claim 42nd position on the stage. The incredibly consistent Irishman has been rewarded for his efforts by moving further up the leader board. He now holds 33rd overall with five of the 14 stages complete. Stage six will see riders face a 291km liaison followed by a gruelling 455km timed special and then a final 22km liaison.
Tim Forman: ďThat was the most enjoyable day of riding so far. It was a real mix of fine sand, fast trails, small tracks and some real technical stuff. There were people stuck on the climbs and people ploughing into the fine sand and going over the handlebars. I was just taking my time, having a look around before trying to get up the big climbs and as a result I was able to choose my line and I didnít get stuck at all. I know how heavy the bike is, so getting stuck or falling off isnít really an option for me!Ē
Stan Watt: ďI didnít get off to a good start. There were some really sandy climbs with rocks in them and I ended up crashing twice due to all the dust from other riders. I ended up having to go back down to the bottom and do it again which cost me a lot of time. There were some really rough stages, tracks with lots of rocks and I was able to pass quite a few of the riders that passed me on the earlier climbs. Iím happy with my overall position, now the aim is to try and get into the top 30 by the rest day.

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook