View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #59
Dylan.S OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Having the first break and it's Tacos for breakfast. The evening I spent with the Mexican family was fun. But when it reached 1a.m. I was not in a good mood to listen to their awefull kareoke singing. Even the Tequila didn't help numb my ears and it was torture. The few hours I slept was golden. Though I could have slept for a few more hours, I didn't quite feel comfortable in the tent as the the morning sun made it to a baking oven. I needed to go anyway. This time, I'm going to skip San Cristobal even if everyone was urging me to go there. I'm heading directly to Guatemala. Yesterday I was sad enough because of one issue. But my sadness was upgraded to a higher level when I checked my bank account. There is no way I could bring this tour to an end without me having to go back to work. So I am compelled to rush down through Central America so that at least I can bring my boat adventure to an end.

Don't think I'm on a suicidal mission here. But I'm attempting to sail the Caribbean sea with Bruce on a self-made pontoon boat. I want to cross over from Panama to Columbia this way. Why? Because there is no road connecting these two countries and I don't want a piggy-back ride on another boat like all other people do. The ride will be about 350km and you'll be sailing in deep sea. I'm excited and I'll be content if I had to quit my journey after that adventure, for a little while, till I earn enough money to continue.

Dylan.S screwed with this post 01-10-2013 at 06:56 AM
Dylan.S is offline   Reply With Quote