View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #30
Disco Dean
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by def View Post
Nothing sounds like a big Matchless, AJS or BSA single on the pipe. I get weak in the knees when I hear one (which these days is rare).

My Triumphs and BSAs used to spray fuel on my legs at idle from cam overlap but, my B'ville T120 would spin up to just short of 10,000RPM on pump fuel with a lightened rotating assembly, T&M 6 and 9 grind cams and aftermarket compound wound valve springs. Those were the days.
Sigh... yes I know. Nothing quite like it. No amount of sound tuning by computer will ever get that wonderful sound of a big british single.... Goldstar, Manx.... Commando(twin)...or my nice little Ducati 250 with an open megaphone. Yummy to say the least if that is an appropriate word for it.

I was recently at the Vintage festival in Hockenhiem and they warmed up a Honda 6. I don't care what anyone says that is one of the magical wonders of the world - someone figured it out and someone made it happen. Magic.

Now if I can just read the fault code or write some new programming for my GS.... There is no virtual reality in a Honda 6.

Yes "Def" Those were the days.

As your attorney, I advise you to buy a motorcycle. How else can we cover a thing like this righteously?
Disco Dean is offline   Reply With Quote