View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #365
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Been there, done that.

It's always appeared to me that Robbie could win this thing, if he just relaxed a bit. With any luck, with the bulk of the race before him and the chance of winning gone, he'll just go out and have some fun. If he can do that, I think he could learn something big from it.

Passion is the big one that motivates us to do this sort of thing. We just fucking love it. But with too much passion, too much focus, it ceases to fun. And, in my experience, it eliminates that variable that makes it possible to win. And if you do luck into the win, it lacks the joy it should have brought.

I really hope that, like him playing with the local kids and the rc car, he just goes out and has fun with it.
That is the answer. The harder you try, the easier it is to have unforced errors. No doubt Robbie places way too much pressure on himself. Now all the pressure is off and he can rise to the top. He will not win overall, however if he can come roaring back each day he will have won the crowd. In the end he may well be the only one they remember.
kaosrider is online now   Reply With Quote