View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #51438
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Thumper View Post
It was hard to get myself to buy the powerbomb and start modding the bike more, because it DOES run so good right now.......but...
I know.... it's hard to keep your hands off the bike when conditions inhibit riding it.

Quote:
.....mod them enough so they run at least as well as a stocker would at sea level
High elevation living sucks when it comes to power sports
Oh yeah? Well, from the pictures, it doesn't look too sucky, so I'm not the least bit sympathetic!

Quote:
...I've never jetted an xrl before tho, ...
The basic prinicples are the same for any bike with a carb. You can make mods to get more air and others to get more gas, Coordination is the key, because it is the ratio of gas to air that you want to optimize for your given criteria. Once you know what affects what, and how, and are able to feel a lean, good, and rich condition, you just make a corresponding adjustment and dial it in.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote