View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #2408
Stashek
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prutser View Post
We invested in the same sort of things as Walter.
Most parts for Beamster's bike could be bought, things like the X-tank, bash plate, case saver, the stronger rims....and a lots more small stuff.
For the Airhead its a bit more difficult to find those things. So I had to make most of the parts my self.
That was very time consuming. I spent 6 months preparing both bikes, which did pay off as they were both trouble free.

The list of things we would like to improve for future trips is very short.
Beamster's bike : fork improvement (Because the damping system could be so much better)
My airhead : The air intake must be a lot higher to deal with the deep river crossings.
And I'm working on a lockable tool tube and a higher gps mount.

Other than those things the bikes were doing great.
Hi Prutser.

This question is not bike related but directed at both you and Beamster as you both shared the tent. Is it an Fjallraven Abisko lightweight 2 and what if any feedback could you offer on it's performance. Did you ever find that the length made pitching and camp locations more difficult to find.
This comment though is bike related, allowing that lad to ride the bike bought a tear to my eye. I know that's not a cool or macho sentiment but as a visiter to his land you crossed the geographical and cultural divide in the most endearing and enduring way possible.
Thank's to all of you for allowing us to tag along.

Stashek.
Stashek is offline   Reply With Quote